ORLAND, Calif. - The Orland Fire Department put out a vegetation fire on I-5 late Tuesday night.
The fire broke out around 11:30 p.m. on Tuesday night in the area off of I-5, near Orland.
The vegetation fire threatened some structures, semi-trucks and outbuildings. However, crews were able to extinguish it after about 30 minutes.
Authorities said they have not ruled an official cause of the fire, but they think it may have been caused by a car dragging a chain since there were fire spots that stretch about a half-mile down the interstate.
Five engines and one water tanker assisted with the efforts to put out the fire.
Video courtesy of Nancy Hamilton.
- Orland fire crews extinguish vegetation fire off of I-5
- Crews extinguish Oroville house fire
- Fire crews extinguish 2 Gridley structure fires
- Fire Crews Work Quickly to Extinguish Fire
- Fire Crews Battle Structure, Vegetation Fire
- Crews extinguish mobile home fire in Palermo
- Crews work to extinguish fire in Bangor
- Crews contain vegetation fire in Chico
- Crews responding to vegetation fire, Corning
- Residential Fire in Redding Quickly extinguished by Fire Crews