ORLAND, Calif. - The Orland Fire Chief Selection Committee appointed its first full-time fire chief for the city.
The committee unanimously selected Justin Chaney, who is the city's current volunteer chief.
Chaney, co-owner of Chaney-Miller Construction, has served as a volunteer with the Orland Volunteer Fire Department for 18 years.
Up to this point, the chief role was filled by annual election amongst the 45 volunteers.
The chief will be a City of Orland employee with balanced responsibilities between the City and Rural agencies, who will share the cost.
"We're proud to welcome Chief Chaney as a full-time City department head," said Mayor Bruce T. Roundy, "and pleased to continue the remarkable 100-year heritage of partnership with OVFD and the Rural District."
- Orland appoints first full-time, paid fire chief
- Orland police chief announces retirement
- Orland welcomes new police chief
- Chico City Council appoints new fire chief
- Paradise Appoints New Police Chief
- Redding city manager appoints new police chief
- Cal Fire Shasta-Trinity Unit Appoints New Chief
- Orland Medication Disposal
- Orland students' food insecurity
- Remembering Bob Pasero, Former Orland Police Chief, Local Hero