UPDATE: 5/4/2018 12;20 p.m.
Orland, Calif.—According to CHP Willows Facebook page the device was deemed safe.
The roadway is now open.
Orland, Calif.—Orland Police are reporting a suspicious package/ bomb threat.
CHP is investigating a suspicious box chained up to a traffic sign on the southbound I-5 on ramp at Newville Road.
CHP has called the Butte County Bomb Squad to respond.
The area is being evacuated at this time.
Action News Now has a reporter on the way. We will update you as more information comes into our newsroom.
- Suspicious Package Deemed Safe: Roadways Open
- Body Found at Red Bluff Home, Deemed Suspicious: RBPD
- Suspicious package to Mnuchin turns out to be manure
- UPDATE: Bomb Squad Investigates Suspicious Package at Redding's Clover Creek Preserve
- Roadway repairs scheduled on Vallombrosa Avenue
- Avoiding Fire Hazards on the Roadways
- Social media threat against Willows High School deemed not credible
- Red Bluff police: school shooting threat deemed not credible
- Lunch with Firefighters and EMS Deemed a Success
- Chico Murder Suspect Deemed Mentally Competent for Trial