ORLAND Calif. - The Glenn County sheriff's office and CVS have partnered together and placed a new medication disposal site at the Orland Court House.
This environmentally safe, red drop-off box is located right outside the courthouse doors.
Residents can come and dispose of their unwanted substances-- whether it be prescription medications and ointments, over-the-counter medications, and vitamins.
Glenn County's Deputy Sheriff Jonathon Owens, said these disposal sites help to promote safety within households.
"From time to time people will get rid of their medications by flushing it down the toilet, things like that which actually leads to water contamination, there's been studies and tests done," Owens said. "This is done in efforts to promote safety for the community and for our waterways."
Directly posted on the box, states what you cannot dispose of, at these sites.
This includes inhalers, thermometers, needles, hydrogen peroxide and "non-prescription" ointments and lotions.
The Glenn County sheriff's office in Willows, also has a drop-off site outside of their building.
- Orland Medication Disposal
- Christmas Tree Disposal
- Orland CVS Robbery Suspects Identified
- Orland High School Car Fundraiser
- Local business offering free Christmas tree disposal
- Orland Craft Fair to feature 250 Vendors
- 4-H club hosts Orland ‘Bowl-A-Thon’
- Partial structure fire contained in Orland
- Orland Avenue of Lights kicks off tonight
- Orland woman arrested for narcotics possession