ORLAND, Calif. - A frightening home invasion left a woman injured Thursday night after a man broke into her home, made death threats and attempted to strangle her, according to the Orland Police Department.
According to Orland police, officers got a call after 6:30 p.m. from a woman that resides at the 200 block of Gable Drive, reporting that a man was trespassing her property.
But when the woman turned around inside her home, the suspect later identified as Jacob Torres-Alcaraz, 25, of Orland, was inside her home, officials said.
Police say Torres-Alcaraz assaulted the woman, made death threats and tried to strangle her, and when the victim tried to escape from her home, he tried pulling her back inside.
But the suspect eventually pushed her out and locked her out of the home, but when officers arrived Torres-Alcaraz attempted to run away.
Officers caught the suspect after a short chase on foot and he was booked into the Glenn County Jail.
The victim received only minor injuries after the whole incident was over.
Torres-Alcaraz is charged with attempted murder, assault with force likely to cause great bodily injury, kidnapping and burglary.
- Orland Man Charged with Attempted Murder after Alleged Home Invasion
- Shasta County man faces attempted murder charges
- Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges After Alleged Shooting Incident in Siskiyou County
- Man Facing Charges for Attempted Murder in Mount Shasta
- Trinity County man faces attempted murder charges after reporting crime
- Shasta County man arrested on child abuse, attempted murder charges
- Fight Turns to Attempted Homicide Near Orland High School
- Orland woman arrested on narcotics-related charges
- Redding Man Sentenced for Attempted Murder, Kidnapping
- Orland Medication Disposal