Yreka, Calif. --
The Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office have a man behind bars for attempted murder.
Deputies say Andrew Lee Mason, 33, hit a victim over the head in an unincorporated area of the county, south of the city of Yreka. This was at 8:23 a.m. Thursday on the 400 block of Walters Lane. Deputies say Mason hit the victim in the head with a deadly weapon and feld the scene in a vehicle.
Deputies, along with the SCSO's Major Crime Unit, investigated the scene. The victim was treated at Fairchild Medical Center and transferred to a medical faciltiy in Shasta County.
Mason is facing charges of attempted murder, making criminal threats. The Sheriff's office says Mason recently moved from Talent, Oregon to the Yreka area. He is now being held with a "no bail" provision, pending his arraignment in the Siskiyou County Superior Court.
- Oregon Man Arrested for Attempted Murder near Yreka
- Redding woman arrested for attempted murder
- Authorities chase, arrest Corning attempted murder suspect
- Man Arrested for Allegedly Attempting to Murder Game Warden
- Marysville man arrested for attempted murder and mayhem
- Shasta County man arrested on child abuse, attempted murder charges
- Redding Man Sentenced for Attempted Murder, Kidnapping
- Shasta County man faces attempted murder charges
- Redding Man Arrested for Attempted Carjacking
- Redding Police: Man Arrested for Attempted Stabbing