CHICO, Calif. - The Prevention Unit of Butte Behavioral Health is hosting the California Opioid Summit on May 21st and 22nd in Chico, and the California Marijuana Summit on May 23rd.
While registration is full for the event with participation from across the state, there is plenty of opportunity for the public to take part in the Opioid Impact Community Event the evening of May 21st, from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m., in the Bell Memorial Union at CSU, Chico. It will explore the history of the opioid epidemic in American and offer the opportunity to learn more about how opioids are impacting the community.
April Rovero, who lost her college-age son to an opioid overdose, will share her personal story. And John Underwood, who is popular in the athletic community, will speak about brain science and addiction. It's estimated that in the United States, someone dies of an opiate related overdose every 19 minutes.
Action News Now Noon News Anchorwoman Linda Watkins-Bennett will serve as emcee. The event is free, and some snacks will be provided. For more information call Butte Behavioral Health/Prevention Unit at (530) 891-2891.
- Opiod Epidemic Subject of Community Event in Chico Monday
- Kristina Chesterman Memorial Event planned for Monday
- Chico Mayor unveils "Community Court"
- Halloween events coming to the Chico Mall
- Pit Bull stolen from Chico adoption event
- Annual Drop and Dash Event in Chico
- Chico Residents Create 'Cancel Kavanaugh' Event
- Thousands to attend Choose Chico event Saturday
- Rosaline Street in Redding Subject to Lane Closures
- Chico community employment center to relocate