UPDATE: 4/5/2018 11:09 a.m.
Redding Calif.—According to the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, the woman killed in the fatal crash Wednesday night has been identified as 68 year old Marcie Jane Shelby of Anderson.
The collision still remains under investigation by the Redding Police Department.
Redding Calif.-- Redding Police have arrested the suspect in a fatal hit and run on Highway 273 Wednesday afternoon.
Poice say Frank Joesph Delahunty, 24, was fleeing the scene of a home burglary in a car stolen from the home at around 4:45 p.m. Wednesday, when he ran a red light at the intersection of Highway 273 and Girvan Road. That's when police say Delahunty broadsided a Toyota Rav4 that was on Girvan, crossing the highway. The driver of the Toyota was taken to the hospital, but she eventually succumbed to her injuries and died. The identity of the victim is not being released at this time.
Delahunty had fled from the scene on foot, and police started a search with K9's and a California Highway Patrol helicopter. Police captured Delahunty in the area of Cedars Road in Redidng. He has been booked into the Shasta County Jail on charges of vehicular manslaughter, first degree burglary, knowingly possessing a stolen vehicle, hit and run resulting in death, vehicle theft, driving on a suspended license, and a violation of his felony probation terms.
Police say Delahunty was on probation for possession of stolen property related to another vehicle theft earlier this year. They say Delahunty has admitted to being a methamphetamine addict.
The southbound lanes of Highway 273 were closed down for several hours during the investigation, but have since reopened.
- Woman Identified in Fatal Crash in Redding
- Fatal Crash Victim Identified
- Authorities identify woman killed in Redding crash
- UPDATE: Victim identified in fatal Interstate 5 crash near Redding
- Fatal Crash Victim in Glenn County Identified
- Victim Identified in Highway 299 Fatal Crash
- Fatal Redding Car Accident
- Oroville woman charged in fatal crash
- Victims of fatal I-5 crash in Yolo County identified
- Fatal motorcycle crash in Burney; victim and passenger identified