Around 12:30 p.m. February 3rd deputies with the Shasta County Sheriff’s office were called to Gaucho Road in Redding for a dead adult man.
Once they arrived and began their investigation they found evidence of an altercation inside and several guns in plain view.
Deputies also found a dead dog in the yard.
While deputies were on scene officers with the Redding Police Department were investigating a suspicious circumstance call on Dune Street.
Redding Police found Chance Lee Locken 33 years old of Redding. He said that he woke up in an unknown home near a dead man that was shot.
Officers of the Redding Police Department and deputies of the Shasta County Sheriff’s office were able to conclude that the two incidents were linked to one another.
Detectives with the Shasta County Sheriff’s office and Major Crimes Unit were called out and are conducting a homicide investigation.
The victim has been identified as William Robert Humphries 77 years old and lived at the Gaucho Road address.
Humphries appeared to be shot multiple times.
Locken was contacted by detectives and arrested for murder. He was booked into Shasta County Jail.
Further details on this case will not be released due to the integrity of the ongoing investigation.
An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday February 8th to determine Humphries cause of death.
- One man arrested after homicide in Redding
- Humboldt County man arrested on homicide charges
- Redding Physician arrested
- Redding Residential Burglary Arrest
- Redding man arrested for assaulting, threatening officers
- Redding Man Arrested for Attempted Carjacking
- Redding Man Arrested for DUI Causing Injury
- Redding Gun And Drug Arrest
- Arrest Made in Redding Shooting
- Redding Police arrest "Habitual Thief"