UPDATE 9:28 a.m. Wednesday, May 8, 2019 - The Shasta County Coroner's Office has identified the person killed in a Redding house fire on May 6 as Alice Girdwood Planellas, 82, of Redding.
The case is still under investigation.
REDDING, Calif.- One person is dead following an early morning fire in Redding.
Firefighters said the flames sparked on Alfreda Way, near Hartnell Avenue, around 4 a.m. Monday morning.
Action News Now spoke to neighbors on the scene who said a family lived in the home for decades.
Two of the family members were able to make it out of the home safely, but they said their grandmother was unable to escape.
We are working to confirm the identity of the person who died with the authorities. Stay tuned for updates.
- 82-year-old identified as person killed in Redding house fire
- Man killed in fire in Redding identified
- Redding Firefighter Killed in Carr Fire Identified
- Authorities identify person killed by train in Redding
- Red Bluff structure fire kills 1 person, 2 animals
- Authorities identify woman killed in Redding crash
- UPDATE: One person killed, Wrong Person Arrested in Redding Crash
- Officials Identify Man Killed in Palermo House Fire
- Family identifies man killed in Chico house fire
- Redding House Fire Injures Home Owners, Kills Cat