BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - One man is dead following an early morning crash near Oroville.
According to California Highway Patrol, the accident happened just before 2 a.m. on Honcut Road and Pheasant Lane in Oroville.
The CHP says a neighbor heard the noise early in the morning, but a call didn't come in to report the crash until just before 7 a.m.
CHP said that one 21-year-old male driver was killed in the accident. It appears his truck veered off the road, hit a culvert, flipped several times and landed on its top.
It is unknown at this time whether drugs or alcohol were involved. The coroner is waiting to release the indentiy until next of kin are notified.
Stay with KHSL Channel 12 and actionnewsnow.com for the latest updates as they become available.
- One Man Killed in Crash Near Oroville
- Car Crashes Into Oroville Home
- Oroville man pleads guilty in Highway 70 crash that killed 2
- Oroville woman charged in fatal crash
- Authorities investigating deadly crash in Oroville
- Weather-related multi-car crash in Oroville
- Family Mourns Man Killed in I-5 Crash
- Orland Man Killed in Crash Near Corning
- Updated: Crash Kills Fairfield Man in Nicolaus
- Man Killed, Child Survives Early Morning Crash