Chico Calif.-- UPDATE: 11:58 a.m.
According to a statement from Chico State President Gayle Hutchinson, the incident that happened this morning on campus appears to be a suicide.
The investigation is still ongoing and a cause of death has not been determined.
Hutchinson also encourages students to return to class if you can, but faculty has been advised to express leniency in their attendance policies.
Crisis counselling services are available to students, faculty, and staff at the Bell Memorial Union Auditorium until 5 p.m. tonight.
Additionally, students can also access free urgent walk-in services at the Counseling and Wellness Center located in Student Services Center Room 430. The Counseling Center is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Chico Calif.-- According to sources from Chico State, one person is dead after falling from Butte Hall on the Chico State campus.
According to a post by Chico State on Facebook, classes at Butte Hall have been cancelled until further notice, and Plumas Hall will open at noon.
Butte County Sheriff’s Deputies and Chico Police are on scene.
Counseling is available for students at student services in the Bell Memorial Union.
This is a developing story. We will update you as more information comes into our newsroom.
Photo courtesy from Natalie Hanson at the Chico State Orion Newspaper.
- One Dead on Chico State Campus After Falling From Butte Hall
- Police investigate shooting near Chico State campus
- Homeowner Hold-up in Chico State Campus Expansion
- Chico State Police Searching for Campus Rape Suspect
- Officials Identify Body Found on Chico State's Campus
- Chico State Discusses Campus Situation during Camp Fire
- Police investigate potential threat on Chico State campus
- Abortion pill could come to Chico State campus
- Chico State Begins Fall Semester for 2018
- Butte College Campus Closed due to Power Outage