UPDATE 3:22 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2018 - The Butte County District Attorney has released dash cam footage of the Nov. 15 shooting of a double-homicide suspect by officers following a high-speed chase down Highway 70 which was closed due to the Camp Fire.
Butte County District Attorney Mike Ramsey said it did appear that GD Hendrix, 48, of Berry Creek, imitated an armed attack on officers, which can be seen in the video.
Ramsey also said that Hendrix was a prime suspect in a December 2014 double-homicide of a Plumas County couple who were visiting their son in the Berry Creek area.
WARNING: THE VIDEO BELOW CAPTURES A DEADLY SHOOTING. VIEWERS MAY FIND THE FOOTAGE GRAPHIC. WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
To view the full report from the District Attorney's office, CLICK HERE, or see below:
- Butte County DA Releases Dash Cam Footage of Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting Near Camp Fire Evacuation Zone
- Deputy Body Cam Footage Released from Morning of Camp Fire
- Dash Cam Video Released of Self-Driving Uber Fatality
- Butte County Sheriff's Office Releases Camp Fire 9-1-1 Calls
- Man Identified in Deadly Officer Involved Shooting
- CAMP FIRE: 2 arrested in suspected evacuation zone looting
- Burglary Suspect Arrested in Previously Evacuated Camp Fire Zone
- San Francisco Fatal Officer Involved Shooting Bodycam Footage
- Red Bluff Police Department releases bodycam footage of officer-involved shooting
- 1 Dead in Butte County Officer-Involved Shooting