SUTTER COUNTY, Calif. - One died and another was injured following a crash on Highway 99 north of Riego Road early Monday morning.
At around 12:14 a.m., a 55-year-old Berry Creek man was traveling southbound on Highway 99 in a 2004 Chevy when he drifted off the roadway and onto the right, dirt shoulder. His vehicle struck a call box before veering back across the southbound lanes, across the dirt median and into the northbound lanes of Highway 99.
Roxanne Spiekerman, 37, of Oroville, was driving northbound on Highway 99 north of Riego Road when she noticed the vehicle in the lane she was driving in. Her 2015 Volkswagon struck the right side of the vehicle and both cars veered to the east dirt shoulder.
The driver of the 2004 Chevy was pronounced dead at the scene. He has not been positively identified.
Spiekerman suffered moderate injuries and was transported to UC Davis for further treatment.
- One Dead, One Injured in Highway 99 Crash
- Highway 99 increased collisions
- Two injured in 3-car crash off Highway 99 in Chico
- UPDATE: Crash injured two in Gridley, Highway 99 re-opened
- Two Dead After Multi-Vehicle Crash on Highway 99
- Fatal car crash on Highway 99 leaves one dead
- Man dead after DUI crash on Highway 99
- Victim Identified in Highway 99 Crash
- Victim Identified in Deadly Highway 99 Crash
- Rollover Crash Causes Delays on Highway 99