CHICO, Calif. - Caltrans is doing some major pruning on the center divider of Highway 99 at the north end of Chico.
A Caltrans spokesperson says they have been working on this project for the past year.
He says it is considered routine maintenance to trim the oleander bushes back so that cars have enough room to pull over during an emergency.
Part of the trimming job was done months ago, but this time they are taking the bushes down far, far lower.
They are expected to grow back.
- Oleanders on Hwy 99 in North Chico Get a Radical Pruning
- Hwy 99 reopened after logging truck rollover
- CHP: Distracted Driving to Blame for Morning Rollover on Hwy 99 North of Chico
- HWY 99 NOW OPEN: Fatal head on crash near Biggs blocking both lanes of Hwy 99
- Debris on Hwy 99 creates dangerous hazard for drivers
- One dead after head-on crash at northbound Hwy 99
- 400-Acre Fire Rips Through Butte County Farmland near Hwy 99
- Yuba City Woman Dies From Fatal Crash on Hwy 99
- 3-Car Crash Slows Traffic on Hwy 99 near Corning
- Hwy 99 Onramp at East Ave. Reopens After Chico Big Rig Crash