WESTERVILLE, Ohio (AP) - Police in Ohio say two officers have been fatally shot at a home in a Columbus suburb, and a suspect is in custody.
Westerville police say in a statement that the shooting happened Saturday after officers responded to a 911 hang-up call around 11:30 a.m. The officers were shot after they arrived at a residence.
Police say a suspect is in custody but provided no other details.
Columbus police have been brought in to investigate the slayings.
Authorities have scheduled a news conference for later Saturday afternoon.
Westerville is 15 miles (24 kilometers) north of downtown Columbus.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ohio Police: 2 officers killed responding to 911; suspect held
- Shootout kills California officer, suspect
- Drones are responding to 911 calls in this California city
- UPDATE: Suspect killed in officer-involved shooting with Redding Police
- Ohio Police Officer accidentally uses a stun gun on partner
- CHP officer killed by suspected drunk driver
- Brother identifies suspect in killing of officer
- Caught On Cam: Ohio Officer Dragged
- Man held in killing after San Francisco police shooting
- Davis Police Officer Killed in Shooting