SACRAMENTO COUNTY, Calif. -Heavy rains have caused officials to open all 18 gates of the Nimbus Dam to release water into the American River.
The National Weather Service says the recent series of storms has all but eliminated drought-level dryness in California this winter.
The opening of the gates will allow excess water in the dam to flow.
- Officials open all gates of the Nimbus Dam
- California officials to update community about troubled dam
- Officials to increase releases from Keswick Dam throughout the week
- Officials triple water releases out of Keswick Dam
- California lawmakers increase dam safeguards after dam scare
- Traffic Alert: Dam Blasting to Cause Oro Dam Boulevard Closures
- Oroville Dam Receives Unsatisfactory Rating
- Officials warn residents near Keswick Dam as releases continue to increase
- Lawmakers questioning new license for dam operations
- California lawmakers vote on increased dam safeguards