UPDATE: 2/23/2018 2:54 p.m.
Secret Serivces officers responded to a security threat on the White House grounds Friday afternoon when a woman drove a van into a security barrier.
Mola Lenghi has more details from The White House.
Authorities say a woman intentionally rammed her van into a barricade at the White House gates Friday afternoon.
The barrier did it's job and stopped the van before secret service officers swooped in and arrested her.
This video shows smoke coming from the scene immediately after the incident.
The van's back windows were somehow knocked out, but the secret services says no shots were fired during the incident.
The White House was put in immediate lockdown while officers investigated.
No law enforcement personnel were hurt during the incident.
WASHINGTON (AP) - Official: White House on lockdown after vehicle strikes security barrier.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press.)
- UPDATE: White House on lockdown after vehicle strikes security barrier
- Lockdown at Chico elementary school
- UPDATE: Man Wielding Knife puts School on Lockdown
- Low-Barrier Shelter, Stairways, is Closing
- White House chaos rattles markets
- Senate confirms deputy White House chief of staff to lead Department of Homeland Security
- Schools in Siskiyou County on Precautionary Lockdown
- Oroville High School Placed on Short Lockdown
- Lockdown Drill Helps Protect Students from Shooters
- Low-Barrier Shelter Being Considered by Chico City Council