REDDING, Calif. - A Redding man is in custody after what police described as a violent arrest.
On Sunday, around 7 p.m., officers were dispatched to the 1100 block of Lake Boulevard due to reports of a person acting erratically.
Upon arrival, officers found Dustin Clemens, 39, of Redding, near the intersection of Lake Boulevard and E. Keswick Dam Road.
Authorities said Clemens immediately became uncooperative and started fighting with the officers. During the fight, authorities said he tried to take two of the officer's handguns.
It took over eight minutes, four officers and a K-9 to detain Clemens. An officer and K-9 Otto were both injured in the altercation.
Clemens was arrested for obstructing a peace officer by force, battery on a peace officer and attempting to disarm a peace officer.
He is currently on probation out of Shasta County and had a felony out for his arrest. Additionally, authorities said this is his fifth offense in 2019 and he is on the Shasta County's Most Wanted List.
- Officers, K-9 arrest one of Shasta County's Most Wanted
- Deputies arrest man on Shasta County's Most Wanted, K-9 assistance
- Wanted felon arrested by Chico K-9 Officer
- Local companies make donation to Shasta County K-9 officers
- Redding K-9 officer detains wanted felon
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Most Wanted Criminals
- Anderson K-9 assists officers with drug arrest
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office arrest man on Shasta County Most Wanted
- K-9 helps Shasta Lake deputies make early morning arrest
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Arrested woman hospitalized