RED BLUFF, Calif. - Officers from the Red Bluff Police Department arrested a man for reportedly trying to start a fire behind a Raley's in Red Bluff.
At about 5:49 a.m. on Wednesday, officers were dispatched to the field behind Raley's at 402 Reeds Avenue in Red Bluff for a report of a vegetation fire.
Officers located David Allen, 36, of Red Bluff, near the fire.
After being questioned, Allen admitted to starting the fire. He was arrested and booked into the Tehama County Jail for arson to property charges.
The Red Bluff Fire Department was able to quickly contain and extinguish the fire, keeping the burnt area to less than one acre.
The case is still under investigation, and the Red Bluff Police Department said that it involves minors.
- Officers Arrest Arson Suspect Behind Raley's in Red Bluff
- Red Bluff Drug Bust
- UPDATE: Redding Police Locate Possible Arson Suspect
- 12-Year-Old Arrested in Red Bluff
- Arson Suspects Arrested in Placer County
- Cottonwood Residents Relieved After Arson Suspect Arrested
- Missing juvenile in Red Bluff
- Red Bluff Little League Theft
- Red Bluff parents jailed for suspected abuse of infant daughter
- Red Bluff Man Holds Burglary Suspect at Gunpoint