UPDATE 4/9/2018 5:02 p.m.
Chico Calif.—According to Butte County District Attorney Mike Ramsey, there is one officer on leave from the Butte County Sheriff’s Office during the investigation.
Oroville Calif.—A hostage situation turned deadly in Oroville over the weekend.
The Butte County Sheriff’s Office is saying that 33 year old Larry Siordia, a known gang member was killed in a shootout with deputies Saturday morning after taking one of his own family member’s hostage.
This happened on Pomona Avenue in Oroville around 3 a.m.
Authorities saying a woman inside the home told her sister that she was being held at gunpoint.
The woman told Oroville Police that she got a text message earlier in the night from her sister asking her to come pick up the two young children in the home.
Oroville Police and Butte County SWAT Team set up outside the home.
According to officers, Siordia exited the home and began shooting at officers hitting a sheriff’s deputy’s vehicle.
Siordia was then shot by a sheriff’s deputy and later died at the hospital.
No one else was injured.
The suspect’s relationship to the victim has not been released.
- Officer Involved Shooting Leaves one Dead in Oroville
- Oroville police searching for suspect after shooting leaves one dead
- Brooklyn shooting leaves four dead
- Officer Involved Shooting in Marysville
- TCSO: 1 Dead, Deputy Shot During Officer-Involved Shooting
- 1 Dead in Butte County Officer-Involved Shooting
- 1 dead after officer involved shooting in Redding, identified
- Long Beach workplace shooting leaves 2 dead
- Oroville shooting suspects arrested
- Man Identified in Deadly Officer Involved Shooting