BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - October marks Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the National Coalition of Domestic Violence held the first day of Unity in October of 1981.
The purpose of designating a certain month was to mourn those who have died because of intimate partner abuse, celebrate those who have survived, raise awareness, and connect those who work to end the violence.
Catalyst Domestic Violence Services will be hosting a variety of events:
- Flowers on the Creek: Tuesday, Oct. 15, 5– 6 p.m., Bidwell Bowl Amphitheatre. An evening of honoring the lives of people who once lived, worked, had neighbors, friends, family, and children. Also whose lives ended as a result of intimate partner violence in Northern California.
- The “Love Is” Showcase: Sunday, Oct. 20, 1:30-4:30 pm, Chico Women’s Club.Held every October in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the showcase celebrates healthy relationships through music. The lineup will feature The Bidwells, Kyle Williams, Katie Barrett, Webster Moore, and Alex Brown. Tickets are available, HERE
Community Intimate Partner Violence Training: Tuesday, Oct. 29, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m., Butte College Safe Place, Swing Space A, Main Campus. The training will focus on identifying risk factors for domestic violence homicide, strangulation in intimate relationships, and the intersection of gun violence and domestic violence. All interested community members and service providers are encouraged to attend. Attendees are asked to register, HERE
The 24-hour hotline and crisis counseling, and Catalyst Domestic Violence Services can both be reached at 800-895-8476.
For a full list of resources, CLICK HERE
- Events and resources, Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Westside Domestic Violence Shelter shares resources
- Music Showcase and Free Training Part of Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- International Overdose Awareness Day: Resources and Help
- Man pleads guilty to felony domestic violence
- POLICE: Redding man arrested for domestic violence
- Chico man arrested for felony domestic violence and attempted kidnapping
- Shingletown man arrested for domestic violence after dropped 911 call
- Domestic violence dispute causes short school lock down in Chico
- 3 Arrested Stemming From Domestic Violence Issue in Shasta Lake