OAKLAND, Calif. - Hundreds of young people from all over the country will be in Oakland this week for an event that is a first of its kind.
The Obama Foundation, created by former President Barak Obama, is holding the first national gathering of the My Brother's Keeper Alliance.
Mr. Obama will be joined by a string of celebrities, including singer John Legen, Warriors basketball star, Steph Curry, actor Michael B. Jordan and director Rayn Coogler.
The goal of the gathering and two-days meetings is to empower and inspire young people of color.
Several event sessions are scheduled to take place Tuesday, February 19th and again Wednesday, February 20, 2019. It is an 'invite-only' event, but can be streamed online.
- Obama Foundation holds gathering for My Brother's Keeper Alliance
- Information for Aqua Alliance
- Redding Foundation holds Golf Tournament to Provide Scholarships
- Masqueerade Ball to benefit Stonewall Alliance in Chico
- Las Plumas-Oroville Alliance Band performs at Heritage Music Festival
- Las Plumas-Oroville Alliance Band performance at Carnegie Hall canceled
- Redding Fashion Alliance creates homemade masks for health care workers
- Haven Human Awarded Rachel Ray Foundation Grant
- Check Presented to "Wings of Passion" Foundation