"This morning some guy was in a racing Mustang, super 'hot-rodded', going well over 100 miles an hour; I flagged him down and yelled at him, I told him about the kids and he didn't care" said Mark Woodson.
It was the last straw after three years of the same problem - a frustration, because Mark Woodson picked his home on Chico's Oak Way carefully
"It's a great neighborhood , lots of people around, good neighbors," said Woodson.
But right outside his front door? He says it can sound like a racetrack.
"For example ... That's not 25 miles an hour by any stretch of the imagination" said Woodson. "It's posted on both ends of the street, it's pretty obvious this is residential, not a freeway and people just keep going."
Just in the past 30 minutes that I've been here, several vehicle have gone by going well over 25 miles per hour.
Woodson says he's tried everything.
"I've flagged down people multiple times, waved at them ... I have traffic cones I set out in the street when my kids are out in the front yard" said Woodson.
Woodson says calls out to the chico police department and butte county supervisors haven't gotten him anywhere - the police department's mobile speed detector has been out of commission ... And there's no plans to change the infrastructure.
"I don't think speed bumps are the answer- it's simple enforcement" said Woodson.
And now, it's looking like he'll get just that ... The Chico Police department's just re-launched their traffic patrol unit - three officers specifically assigned to regulating safe driving.
"The community needs to know that we're out there and paying attention to it because we receive complaints of traffic violations every single day" said Chief Mike O'Brien.
- Oak Way resident says speeders endanger Chico neighborhood
- Yuba City Police targets neighborhood speeders
- Chico Police host Neighborhood Watch meeting
- Standoff situation ends in Chico Avenues neighborhood
- UPDATE: Suspicious Death in Oak Run Identified
- Rabid Bat Found Inside Live Oak Home
- Gang members found guilty of shooting up Chico neighborhood
- Chico Police Respond to Neighborhood with Guns Drawn
- Chico Neighborhood Groups Unite to Clean Out Illegal Campsites
- Chico group helps hungry residents in need