ROSEVILLE, Calif. (AP) - Northern California officials have identified four people slain in October as the wife and three children of a man charged with carrying out the killings over nearly a week.
KCRA-TV reported Tuesday that Placer County officials identified the four as 46-year-old Jyothi Shankar, 20-year-old Varum Shankar, 16-year-old Gauri Hangud, and 13-year-old Nischal Hangud.
They have charged 53-year-old Shankar Hangud with killing two of the victims on Oct. 7 and a third one the next day at their home in Roseville, northeast of Sacramento.
They say he killed the older son five days later near the Oregon border, and drove to a police station in Mount Shasta the next day with the body.
He has pleaded not guilty, though prosecutors say he confessed without giving a motive.
- Northern California officials identify 4 slain in household
- Northern California Volcano Expert
- Northern California traffic alerts
- Northern California Regional Land Trust
- Northern California Ballet presents traditional Nutcracker
- Wildfire debris removal expands in northern California
- Wet weather returns to Northern California today
- More showers ahead for Northern California
- Major warming trend ahead for Northern California
- Spring-like weather ahead for Northern California