GRIDLEY, Calif. - The most famous fire breathing dragon in Northern California might be getting a makeover.
Artist Gabe Zanotto has been working on Claude, the Fire Breathing Dragon, for 40 years.
He attaches recycled mementos to the unique creature. Zanotto said Claude evolves every year.
This year, he drools. Zanotto added aloe vera to Claude’s mouth so that the dragon looks even more menacing.
Zanotto said it's time to bring Claude out of the Dark Ages.
“[Claude] already does a good job," Zanotto said. "He's an awesome puppet, but I think there's a lot more to him that hasn't come out yet.”
He's hoping someone with computer skills will get involved, and help give Claude a voice.
“Talking to people, answering back,” he explains, "Answering questions.”
He’s looking for a co-artist/investor to help Claude talk.
Zanotto said, despite working on the dragon for decades, he believes Claude has not reached his full potential.
To learn more about Claude the dragon, CLICK HERE.
- North State artist wants to bring well-known dragon out of the Dark Ages
- North State Symphony showcases new artists
- Paradise artist brings new sculpture to town
- Local Chico Artist Brings Beauty to Paradise Ashes
- Chico Artist Brings Out Beauty Among the Ashes
- Instagram dark mode is here
- Chico State holds 'Cal Fresh After Dark' event
- Thunderstorms bring heavy Hail to the North State
- Chocolate after dark at Turtle Bay
- Last night of Dark Sky Festival