CALIFORNIA - The North State Symphony will perform its third Masterworks Concert of the season, "Pulling Out the Stops", on Saturday and Sunday in Redding and Chico.
The concert will feature the iconic Saint-Saens Organ Symphony as well as young classical music talent from across the region.
Inspire by Beethoven's Fifth Symphony, Saint-Saens created the beautiful Symphony No. 3, popularly known as the Organ Symphony. The program also includes 2019's Young Artist Audition High School Winner Oliver Moore performing the romantic themes in Liszt's First Piano Concerto.
Youth Orchestra members from Chico and redding will join the symphony for Danzon No. 2 by composer Arturo Marquez, assisted by Butte MTAC Youth Orchestra Director Yoshie Muratani and Shasta Chamber Strings Orchestra Director Dr. Jeff Specht.
Performances are 7:30 p.m. Saturday, February 8th at the Cascade Theatre in Redding (tickets are available at the Cascade Theatre Box Office or cascadetheatre.org) and 2 p.m. Sunday, February 9th at Laxson Auditorium on the CSU, Chico campus (tickets at the University Box Office or at chicostatetickets.com).
Maestro Scott Seaton will present information about the performances and the Symphony one hour before the start of the concerts. www.northstatesymphony.org
- North State Symphony presents its third Masterworks Concert of the season
- North State Symphony Final Performances of the Season this Weekend
- North State Symphony kicking off new season in Chico-Redding
- Frugal House to benefit North State Symphony
- "American Made" is North State Symphony Opener
- North State Symphony showcases new artists
- North State Symphony to perform "Rising Above" Concerts in Chico and Redding
- North State Writers Present "LiveWord"
- North Sate Symphony gets a loud surprise
- North State Symphony performs "Infectious Rhythms" this weekend