Several ceremonies and observances will take place locally on Memorial Day to honor our nation’s fallen service men and women.
The Chico event includes a spectacular display of American flags and patriotic music by the Chico Community Band. The ceremonies will take place Monday at 10:00 a.m. at the Chico Cemetery located at 881 Mangrove Avenue.
There is also an observance at the Paradise Cemetery on Elliot Dr. at 10:00 a.m. Monday. To prepare for the event, 200 flags will be raised in the cemetery Saturday morning at 10 a.m. by the California Conservation Corps, the National Guard, veterans and community volunteers. (A lunch will follow Monday’s ceremony at the Veterans Hall on the corner of Elliot and Skyway)
The Veterans Court of Honor will have a ceremony and observances at the Gridley-Biggs Cemetery starts at 10:00 a.m.
A ceremony will be held in Durham at 2:00 p.m. at Glen Oaks Memorial Park at 11115 Midway.
Monday evening, Foothill High School student musicians will accompany the services at the Northern California Veterans Cemetery in Igo. The observance and ceremonies start at 5:55 p.m. and end at 7:00 p.m., and includes a military fly-over and a performance of “Amazing Grace by the Jefferson Pipe Band. They are located in Igo at 1800 Gas Point Road.
- North State Memorial Day Events
- Memorial Day events in the North State
- MLK events happen around the north state
- Kristina Chesterman Memorial Event planned for Monday
- North State churches organize National Day of Prayer event in Paradise
- North State Songwriter Paints Whiskeytown Landscape from Memory
- Events happening in the North State this weekend
- Here is your list of this weekend's North State events
- North State Halloween Costumes
- Fourth annual Lao-Hmong Veterans Memorial Day