The memorial service honoring a fallen Cal Fire mechanic has begun. Andrew Brake passed away in a traffic accident on his way to fight the Carr Fire last week. He was 40 years old.
The procession began Friday afternoon at Newton Bracewell funeral home at Chico Cemetery and ended at St. John's Episcopal Church. Anyone from the public who wanted to show their support was welcome to line the procession.
Andrew Brake graduated Pleasant Valley high school in 1996 and completed the Mechanics program and Fire Academy at Butte College.
Family and friends remember Andrew Brake as a loving and easy going man who enjoyed the outdoors. He is described as a hardworking dad with a great sense of humor. An obituary provided to us by the family reads that Mr. Brake, "made his family and friends know they were loved even without saying a word..." and that he was excited to work for Cal Fire in Butte County, which allowed him to be closer to his daughters and be part of a career he loved.
We're also told by the family that being a part of Cal Fire was Andrew Brake's dream. If you'd like to support his Fund a Hero account, you may visit this link.
- North State Firefighters Honor Fallen Cal Fire Mechanic
- Loved Ones Remember Fallen Cal Fire Mechanic, Andrew Brake
- Fallen firefighter honored in Chico
- North state honors fallen CHP officer
- Cal Fire
- Cal Fire: Firefighter Suicide Death Toll Up
- Fallen Firefighter from Mendocino-Complex Fire ID'd
- Procession Will be Held for Cal Fire Mechanic Killed in Traffic Accident
- Honoring a Fallen Carr Fire Hero
- Community to Honor Fallen Chico Fire Captain