The North State Economic Forecast Conference was Thursday hosted by Gold Country Casino.
Introduction and opening remarks were made by D. Robert Eyler Ph. D. Dean of the School of Extended and International Education at Sonoma State University as well as a Professor of Economics and Director of the Center for Regional Economic Analysis.
Robert is a forensic economist, and provides economic impact analyses for both private firms and public entities to help guide public policy at the local and state level.
Dr. Eyler spoke about the movement in the economy regionally after the state of the union address.
The north state should emerge later in economy changes compared to the state in projections.
He spoke about how we will see changes in the technology in jobs. Saying we will see technology take jobs away in the next five years.
He also highlighted the business of marijuana in the north state, saying that counties should lean on the existing tax structure.
He said that wellness will play a part in the future of economics, saying that high life expectancy doesn’t open up jobs or the flow of jobs.
Overall the five year projection plan will bring more jobs to the north state.
- North State Economic Forecast Conference
- Community Leaders Meet for Annual Economic Forecast Conference
- Women in Stem career conference in the north state
- North State Halloween Costumes
- Trump economic adviser Gary Cohn to resign
- North State Christmas Dinner Traditions
- North state residents seeking citizenship
- North State Memorial Day Events
- 3.3 earthquake rattles North State communities
- North state honors fallen CHP officer