REDDING, Calif. - A piece of heavy equipment caught on fire in South Redding on Saturday, which caused $300,000 worth of damage at North State Asphalt on Clear Creek Road.
The Redding Fire Department and the CAL FIRE Shasta-Trinity Unit both responded to the fire call.
The fire was kept from spreading into nearby vegetation. It burned a rubber blending unit, causing extensive damage to the machine.
Crews stayed on scene for approximately an hour and a half.
The cause of the fire is still not known.
- North State Asphalt Plant Fire Causes $300,000 of Damage
- Asphalt Cowboys 2018 parade theme winner announced
- Asphalt Cowboys Announce Details on Annual BBQ
- Asphalt Cowboys' chili cook-off raises $10,000
- Asphalt Cowboys Pancake Breakfast Kicks Off Rodeo Week
- Thousands Turn out for Asphalt Cowboys Pancake Breakfast
- Asphalt Cowboys and Oro Dam Cruisers holding separate fundraising events for Carr Fire victims
- Chicago teachers' strike continues, leaving about 300,000 kids in limbo
- Recycling Plant Fire in Corning
- Gridley home damaged in fire