REDDING, Calif. - The north Sacramento River Trail will be closed from the Harlen Drive trailhead to mile marker 3.5, during the hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 2 and Thursday, Oct. 3, the city of Redding said.
The southern end of the Stanford Hills Trail will also be closed during these hours. The Stress Ribbon Bridge and South River Trail to the Diestelhorst Bridge will remain open.
Crews will be on-site clearing Carr Fire damaged vegetation in preparation for the 14th annual Community Creek Clean-Up on Oct. 5.
The north Sacramento River Trail will also be closed from the Harlan Drive trailhead to mile marker 3.5 on Saturday, Oct. 5 for the Community Creek Cleanup Event.
Volunteers will gather this day to plant oak trees and other plants while removing invasive, non-native vegetation and litter.
To sign up, CLICK HERE or call community services at 530-225-4512.
- North Sacramento River Trail closed while crews clear Carr Fire damaged vegetation
- Parts of Sacramento River Trail closed off for repairs
- Fall River Brewing Raising Money to Rebuild Sacramento River Trail
- Fire Crews Battle Structure, Vegetation Fire
- Redding Brewery to Help Rebuild River Trails after Carr Fire
- Sacramento River flooding closes RV park
- Redding adds new patrols to enhance Sacramento River Trail safety
- Crews contain vegetation fire in Chico
- Crews responding to vegetation fire, Corning
- School Damaged by Carr Fire Close to Reopening