The North Complex has prompted evacuation orders and warnings for parts of Butte and Plumas counties. Here is a list provided by fire officials of evacuation points, shelters for animals, and assistance centers. Click here for a list of current evacuations in all three counties.
- Evacuated residents are encouraged to reach out to friends and family to make a plan for themselves and their animals, according to the county. Residents impacted by the evacuation orders and are in need of sheltering can call the shelter hotline at 530-552-6150 or email NorthComplexSheltering@ButteCounty.net
- A local assistance center opened Sept. 22 for Butte County residents impacted by the North Complex West Zone. It is located at the Feather River Parks and Recreation Gymnastics Academy; 1875 Feather River Blvd. in Oroville. Hours will be Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. It will be closed on Sunday. It's estimated to be open for three weeks.
- The number for congregate sheltering hotline (530) 552-6150 or email NorthComplexSheltering@ButteCounty.net
- If you need shelter in Plumas County, please call 530-283-6350
- A small animal shelter is set up at the Gridley Fairgrounds located at 199 E. Hazel Street in Gridley. This shelter is open and accepting small animals from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
- A large animal shelter has been set up in Butte County at the Camelot Equestrian Park at 1985 Clark Rd. Large Animals will be accepted during daylight hours beginning at 7:30 a.m.
- North Valley Animal Disaster Group: 530-895-0000.
- Contact Plumas County Animal Services at (530) 283-3673