Happy Wednesday! We're halfway through the work-week and halfway through our warming trend.
Today we're hitting 90s in the valley, 80s in the mountains, just below normal for this time in July.
We have a southwesterly airflow today, with high pressure centered over Arizona and Utah and a low-pressure system off the Pacific Northwest coast.
A few weak fronts to our north could mean we're still seeing some mid-level clouds out there in Shasta County and above.
South of Redding, we're seeing plenty of sunshine today.
That high pressure to our Southeast will build in our direction into the weekend, meaning we'll stay clear, sunny and warmer.
By tomorrow, our highs climb to just above normal and then by Friday, we're just above, hitting the triple digits in the Northern parts of the valley.
We'll start the weekend hot, but another low-pressure center moves over the Pacific Northwest and in off the coast, so we'll see the beginning of a slight cool-down as we head into our next work-week.
As for fire danger, we'll stay medium-high, with low humidity levels but winds on the light side.
We may see a bit of the Delta Breeze and some gusty spells across the higher parts of the Sierra.
- Normal temps today, heating up into the weekend
- Hot this week, return to normal temps by Monday
- Pleasant today, but severe heat returns for your weekend
- Staying mild today, but severe heat returns this weekend
- Staying Cool Today, Heating up for Labor Day Weekend
- Record breaking heat possible today
- More record heat possible today
- The new normal in Paradise
- Severe heat prompts a Heat Advisory across Northern California today
- Mostly moderate air quality & mild heat today