Updated 6:53 p.m. Saturday, Mar. 30, 2019 - Our first article said the crash occurred at a footbridge on Nord Ave. near 1st St. We want to correct that. It was not a footbridge, but was actually a bridge built for vehicle use.
Updated 6: 20 p.m. Saturday, Mar. 30, 2019 - Chico police said that even though the report of the crash said it was at 231 Nord Ave., it actually occurred in front of a tattoo shop at Walnut and W. 1st St.
CHICO, Calif. - A pedestrian is in critical condition Saturday after being hit by an oncoming vehicle in Chico.
It happened very late Friday night between the Burger King and the footbridge on Nord Avenue near 1st St. The road was closed down for hours.
Chico police say they believe this was just a very unfortunate accident. They said they not investigating the driver for any criminal behavior.
- Nord Ave. crash leaves Chico pedestrian in critical condition
- Clerk at Nord Ave. Market Speaks Out About Weekend Robbery
- Chico police investigating stabbing on Nord Avenue
- Police Looking for Answers After Collision Leaves Pedestrian in Critical Condition
- Bicycle Vs. Vehicle Collision Leaves one in Critical Condition
- Nord Avenue stabbing suspect to enter plea
- UPDATED: Motorcycle Crash Victim Still in Critical Condition
- 6-Year-Old in Critical Condition After Multi-Vehicle Crash
- New apartments draw traffic and safety concerns for Chico's Nord Avenue
- Pie is the star of Nord Country School Annual Benefit