CHICO, Calif. - Here is some big news for Chico commuters. The Eaton Road Extension Project has been completed.
Starting on Monday the new portion of Eaton Road that leads to the Wildwood Park roundabout will be open to through traffic.
Drivers will be able to access the new part of Eaton Rd. via Marigold Ave. and the Manzanita Ave. roundabout at Wildwood Park.
The connection will provide direct access between northwest and northeast Chico, and improve access to Upper Bidwell Park.
The extension project is expected to reduce some of the traffic on East Ave. as well.
Project elements include new roadway construction and striping, buffered bike lanes, sidewalk and sewer installation, street lighting and landscaping.
The project was paid for by the City of Chico in a collaborative effort with local developers.
The city of Chico would like people to be aware of the new traffic patterns so that they will use caution when driving, walking or riding bicycles in the vicinity.
- New traffic route connects northwest and northeast Chico
- Chico Police Officer Has Swiss Connection
- Fire reported at Richardson Springs, northeast of Chico
- Chico traffic stop leads to drug arrest
- Chico PD adds traffic patrol unit
- Semi Truck Fire Stalls Traffic in Chico
- Chico State Graduation to Impact Downtown Traffic
- Traffic Controls Scheduled Through Chico State
- Chico Traffic Increases Following Camp Fire Evacuations
- Troubling Numbers in New Chico Traffic Report