Former mayor Brent Weaver passed the torch to fellow city council member Kristen Schreder at Tuesday night's city council meeting.
Mayor Schreder said it's a great honor to be included among her predecessors who did a lot of great work.
And she plans on doing her best to highlight and improve issues affecting Redding's quality of life alongside her fellow council members.
“So if we can just continue working together with all the community members who have solutions, who have ideas,” Schreder said. “I'd love to hear about everybody's ideas. And let's work together in having a safer, healthier community.”
Schreder said she looks forward on working to revitalize Redding's downtown and tackling the city's homeless problem.
Former mayor Francie Sullivan will serve out the year as the city’s vice mayor.
- New mayor takes office in Redding
- Redding Vice Mayor stepping down in November
- Women's March takes over Redding
- Butterflies Take Over 'Turtle Bay' in Redding
- Young Dancers Take the Stage at Redding
- Cannabis Businesses in Redding Take Next Step
- Former Redding Mayor Says he was Victim of Violent Crime
- Redding welcomes 4 new Police Officers.
- Redding man arrested for assaulting, threatening officers
- Victim Identified in Redding Officer-Involved Shooting