"Negligent police tactics" are cited as some of the reasons the family of Chico's Desmond Phillips have filed lawsuits against the city and three police officers.
Phillips was the 25 year old shot to death during a police response during a mental health crisis at his home last March.
The U.S. District Court in Sacramento received a civil complaint on January 23rd, naming the city and three specific police officers. The city has 21 days to respond.
Attorney John L. Burris from Oakland also filed a claim against the city of Chico back in June of 2017.
Friday night supporters of the Phillips family are hosting a Dinner for Desmond in Chico at the Bethel AME Church at 6 p.m.
- New lawsuit filed against city of Chico by family of Desmond Phillips
- CA Attorney General Says Butte County District Attorney Actions in Desmond Phillips Case Justified
- Judge rules officers were justified in deadly shooting of Desmond Phillips
- Lawyers File Lawsuit Against PG&E
- Justice for Desmond Campaign brings case to Attorney General
- Family of Stephon Clark Files Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- Oroville files a lawsuit against the DWR
- Trump Administration Files Another Lawsuit Against California
- District Attorney Files Lawsuit Against Redding Hotel
- Family of man killed in encounter with security guard, Chico Police files claim against city