CHICO, Calif. - Two new exhibits are opening at the Museum of Northern California Art. One of them pays tribute to a beloved artist and promoter of the arts, Maria Phillips.
Remembering Maria and The Avenue 9 Art Guild opened on Thursday, it will remain open through January 19.
The exhibition includes photographs of Maria Phillips art and originals from The Avenue 9 Art Guild. The contributing artists from the Guild include:
- Dolores Mitchell
- Candy Mathews
- Barbara Morris
- Cynthia Sexton
- Jim Woronow
- Karma Ganzler
- Waif Mullins
- Lenn Goldman
- Chris Yates
- Naty Osa
- David Mallory
- Michele Miller
- Valerie Payne
- Sheryl Cumming
- Susi & Mike Gillum
The exhibition is in memory of artist, Maria Phillips. She was a respected member of the Chico art community.
There will be a closing reception on Friday, January 17, from 6-8 p.m. For more information, CLICK HERE.
The second exhibit is titled, Something Old, Something New, also opening on Thursday, January 2. It's an exhibition from monca's permanent collection of art.
"Something Old" includes works from the Reed Applegate Collection, featuring the following artists: Ruben Heredia, James Kuiper, Waif Mullens, Steve Miranda Byer, Margaret Perez, Jennifer Tancredo, Sal Casa.
"Something New" reflects recent acquisitions from artists: Dennis Leon, Ellen Zitelli, Vernon Patrick, Grace Hertlein, Saul Nesbitt, and Molly Amick.
Monca, Museum of Northern California Art is located at 900 Esplanade. It's open Thursday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $5 for adults. Members, students, and children can enter for free.
- Dual exhibition to open at the Museum of Northern California Art
- Upcoming events at The Museum of Northern California Art
- Gold Nugget Museum opens new exhibit
- Gateway Science Museum new exhibit
- Imprisoned at Home Museum Exhibit
- Moon exhibit at Chico museum
- Northern California Volcano Expert
- Northern California traffic alerts
- Seeds of Regrowth: Carr Fire art exhibit
- Chico State opens new exhibit