A New Year's Eve fireworks accident injured two men and forced thousands to evacuate a beach in eastern Australia after a barge caught fire.
Footage shared on social media showed fireworks blasting out of control from the barge off Central Coast's Terrigal Beach around 40 miles north of Sydney.
Two technicians on the barge were injured and dove into the water before being transferred to a nearby hospital for treatment.
The organizer of the event said in a Facebook post they believed a canister explosion had caused multiple detonations on the barge.
The incident is now under investigation.
- New Year's Eve fireworks accident injures two
- New Year's Eve Trivia
- Festive New Year's Eve cocktail
- New Year's Eve Driving Concerns
- Woman injured after Christmas Eve shooting
- New Year's Eve fundraiser for Oroville veterans
- Fireworks explosion kills 19, injures 31 near Mexico City
- Mariah Carey returns to 'New Year's Rockin' Eve'
- Redding Business Offers Free Tows for New Years Eve
- New York New Year's Eve celebration in Oroville