REDDING, Calif - With new years eve parties at home and at bars officers expect more people to drink Monday night.
Last year, The CHP arrested nearly 940 people statewide for driving under the influence.
So we spoke with a c-h-p officer to see what they suggest for those individuals who want to drink.
“if you know you think you might be drinking or smoking marijuana maybe have to take those prescription pills is leave your car at home and maybe find a ride there or have a friend while there are daylight hours might be willing to take you there for free,” said CHP Public Information Officer Jason Morton.
some other ways to go out tonight without driving include: Uber, Lyft, taxi's or tipsy tow.
tipsy tow is a free service provided through AAA the information for that service is here.
If you’d like to try uber or Lyft those apps can be downloaded in the apple app store or on android playstore.
- New Year's Eve Driving Concerns
- New Year's Eve Trivia
- Festive New Year's Eve cocktail
- New Year's Eve fundraiser for Oroville veterans
- New Year's Eve fireworks accident injures two
- Stuff the Sleigh Toy Drive accepting donations through Christmas Eve
- Mariah Carey returns to 'New Year's Rockin' Eve'
- Redding Business Offers Free Tows for New Years Eve
- New York New Year's Eve celebration in Oroville
- Drop Everything! 19 Quirky New Year's Eve Events