Construction on another roundabout could soon begin in town. The project is a joint proposal by Caltrans and Chico Public Works. The roundabouts are meant to help cut down traffic violations and accidents.
The corner of Nord Avenue and West Sacramento Avenue is one of the top 5 most dangerous intersections in Chico. That's according to numbers provided to us by the Chico public works engineering department. The intersection here has seen over a hundred collisions, and there's now a proposed solution on the table to make the area more secure.
Chico Public Works says that roundabouts could help ease the flow of traffic and prevent deadly accidents. They also add that since the construction of local roundabouts in the city, collisions at those intersections have gone down by half.
Caltrans and Chico Public Works is hosting a public open house to get your feedback on the proposed construction on Wednesday August 8th. You can find more information on their Facebook page.
- New Proposed Roundabout Construction
- Roundabout project proposed in north Chico
- Meeting set to discuss proposed Eaton Road Roundabout
- Completed downtown roundabout project hints at what is to come for future construction plans
- Chico Roundabout Beautification May Delay Some Drivers
- Durham-Pentz roundabout causing drivers concern
- Redding Open House on Proposed Construction on Market Street Promenade
- California Unemployment In Construction
- Redding Under Construction
- Hilltop drive exit construction