GLENN COUNTY, Calif. - A new brewery has come to Glenn County, meaning new jobs for those in the area.
Bill Weller said brewing has been a passion of his after he started home brewing about ten years ago. Then, three years ago, he founded Farmers Brewing Company.
"Our beer is different. They're a lot cleaner and easier drinking," said Weller. "We don't do a lot of the really heavy IPAs"
"We farm a lot of rice, almonds, walnuts. We're growing wheat right at the brewery," the fifth-generation farmer said.
They grow all their own ingredients, grind them up, add hot water and turn it into a sugary liquid.
"Take a look at these four tanks right here, they're called fermenters," Weller explained. "They mix sugary liquids and yeast together to make beer. All together they can hold nearly 20,000 gallons of beer."
Weller hopes his brewery boosts the agriculture business in Glenn County.
"I am hoping it does well. I mean, we already have eight full-time employees and we're hiring more," he said.
"We're bringing a lot of attention to farming brewing culture, you know, which is rare in the United States," said employee Naga Reshi.
Weller also hopes to have a tasting room open this Spring and to have cans of their beer distributed by the end of 2020.
They brew four kinds of beer but hope to have more soon.
- New Glenn County brewery hopes to boost economy & bring in more jobs
- Factory jobs coming to Glenn County
- Glenn County moves forward with boosting internet for rural areas
- Redding economy gets boost from Rodeo Week
- Glenn County Election Results
- Glenn County Road Closures
- Glenn County Fair Preps
- Record year in filming boosts Shasta County economy
- Road closures in Glenn County
- Glenn County air pollution advisory