CHICO, Calif. - A new distribution center has just opened at the Chico Breakfast Lions Club for evacuees of the Camp Fire.
Doors to the distribution center opened on Monday morning at 9 a.m. in the Raley's shopping center on Notre Dame Boulevard.
The center is offering non-perishable food, books, bedding, toys, cleaning supplies and more.
"These people lost their homes," said Linda Dunning of the Chico Breakfast Lions Club. "We have cleaning supplies so they can go in with rakes, shovels and masks to clean out."
The club plans to run this distribution center for at least a month. Organizers said that it could stay open for two months depending on the need.
- New Distribution Center Opens for Camp Fire Evacuees in Chico
- Community Center in Magalia Helps Camp Fire Evacuees
- Chico Women's Club Hosts Support Group for Camp Fire Evacuees
- FEMA: What's Next for Camp Fire Evacuees
- Wattles Given Away to Camp Fire Evacuees
- ThirdLove Gives Love to Camp Fire Evacuees
- T-Mobile Aiding Camp Fire Evacuees
- Camp Fire Evacuees Search for Affordable Housing
- How Donations Get to Camp Fire Evacuees
- City of Chico Responds to Walmart Evacuee Camping