SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - California prosecutors have filed 28 additional charges against a man known as the NorCal Rapist, bringing the number of alleged victims to seven in six counties.
The new charges by Sacramento County District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert filed Monday bring the total count against Roy Charles Waller to 40.
Waller was arrested with the help of DNA in September at the University of California in Berkeley, where he worked for decades as a safety specialist.
Authorities at the time said he was connected with at least 10 rapes between 1991 and 2006.
They said Waller broke into homes late at night or forced victims to withdraw money from ATMs. They said he assaulted his victims repeatedly.
Attorneys listed as representing Waller did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- New Charges Bring More Victims of Alleged Norcal Rapist
- DNA Evidence Leads to Arrest of NorCal Rapist Suspect
- 'NorCal Rapist' Suspect Appears in Court, No Plea
- Storms bringing good moisture back to NorCal this week
- Convicted Serial Rapist May Get Early Release
- FBI Searching for "Hot Prowl" Rapist on the Run
- Huge crowds gather for the 'NorCal Boat, Sport & RV Show'
- Aaron Rodgers' NorCal Fire Recovery Fund distributes $175,000
- Chico firefighters save NorCal Mavericks building near airport
- Fire breaks out at Norcal Mavericks Athletics Development building