Photo Gallery 1 Images
Redding, Calif. -- A new phone app is helping non profit groups across Redding raise money.
The app is called "Redding Local" and it works by allowing users to get coupons to local businesses , which brings in more revenue to the city.
Users who want more coupons can sign up for the VIP which costs $10, but $5 of those will go to a charity of your choice, including Catalyst Mentoring and One Safe Place.
"We wanted to make it a win win win for everyone. If you download the app you win because you’re going to get great discounts. Local businesses win because people come in and shop. And then thirdly the nonprofits win when people sign up for our vip membership." said app co-creator Seth Goodson.
Since launching the VIP option last month the service has already registered 300 people, and given back $100 to organizations.
- New App Helps Nonprofits in Redding
- Redding Nonprofit Helps Camp Fire Victims
- Helping the Redding Community Prosper
- Bethel Students Help Beautify Redding
- Redding Doctors Help Babies Breathe in Africa
- Redding Police: Help Find Missing Woman
- Citizens Help Redding Police Make Three Arrests
- K-9 Helps Arrest Redding Burglary Suspect
- Redding K-9 Helps Nab Suspected Car Theif
- Redding police K-9 helps apprehend armed suspect