LOS ANGELES (AP) - Mystery writer Sue Grafton has died in Santa Barbara, California. She was 77.
Her daughter, Jamie Clark, posted news of her mother's death on Grafton's web page Friday.
She says her mother passed away Thursday night after a two-year battle with cancer and was surrounded by family, including Grafton's husband, Steve.
Grafton was the author of the so-called Kinsey Millhone Alphabet Series in which each book title begins with a letter from the alphabet. The last was "Y is for Yesterday."
Her daughter concluded her posting by saying, "the alphabet now ends at Y."
- Mystery writer Sue Grafton dies in California
- North State Writers Present "LiveWord"
- California sues Trump Administration over Citizenship Query
- Utility Company Sues Over Fatal California Mudslides
- Washington Post: Turkish Officials Say Saudi Writer Killed
- Drug companies sue to block California drug price law
- California Sues over Plan to Scrap car Emission Standards
- City of Oroville sues state of California and DWR
- Trump Administration Sues California Over New Net Neutrality Law
- California will sue Trump over emergency wall declaration