A mysterious white powder has some in Magalia and Paradise concerned. This is what it looks like.
People are describing it as a gritty, gray powder that's slippery to the touch.
Some say its pollen while others think its ash.
We spoke with one woman who's lived in Magalia for 16 years.
She says she's never seen anything like it.
She doesn't think its pollen, which is yellow and sticks to your car, while the powder blows right off.
She said, “My girl friend down the street came over the other day and she also has a black car and she said what is that? Do you have this stuff all over your car?”
We have heard many theories from viewers and we have contacted Butte County Environmental Health to get to the bottom of the mystery, and we'll update you as soon as we learn more.
- Mysterious white powder has Magalia and Paradise residents concerned
- Paradise & Magalia residents confused by mystery powder
- UPDATE: Magalia Man Barricades Himself Inside Residence
- Why Magalia Residents Cannot Return Home
- Magalia Residents Continue to Return Home
- Community Meeting Held for Magalia Residents
- Vancouver Non-Profit Goes Door-to-Door to Deliver Gifts to Paradise and Magalia Residents
- Paradise and Magalia children offered free meals throughout summer
- Water company and Magalia locals react to benzene concerns