Catalyst Domestic Violence Services is hosting the 4th annual "Love Is" Accoustic Showcase on Thursday, October 25th at La Salles on Broadway in Downtown Chico.
It will feature performances by local musicians and songwriters, performing songs about love and what love should be, in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month. The event runs from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. and is a benefit for Catalyst. a $5 donation is suggested.
Catalyst is also presenting FREE Domestic Violence Training for service providers and community members on Monday, October 29th from 8:30 - 11:30 a.m. The focus will be on identifying "red flags" that indicate a safety risk, a situation that could escalate to a homicide. Also, how to support people experiencing abuse.
The training will take place at the Butte College Center for Excellence. Space is limited so you are asked to register at www.surveymonkey.com/r/DVTraining18. For more information call (5300 343-7711.
If you or someone you know is experiencing a domestic violence situation call the Catalyst Hotline at 800-895-8476.
- Music Showcase and Free Training Part of Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Free gospel music workshop in Chico
- Chico man arrested for felony domestic violence and attempted kidnapping
- Shingletown man arrested for domestic violence after dropped 911 call
- Domestic violence dispute causes short school lock down in Chico
- Domestic violence shelter to be created in Colusa County
- 3 Arrested Stemming From Domestic Violence Issue in Shasta Lake
- "Empower Tehama" Hosts Vigil for Domestic Violence Victims
- SCSO: Man Suspected of Domestic Violence Assaults K-9
- New non-profit launched to fight domestic violence