MARYSVILLE, Calif. – Officers arrested a man in Marysville after a homeowner said someone broke into his garage, when officers arrived they found the man sitting in the homeowner's car.
Marysville Police Officers arrested 40-year-old Shaun Weiss of Van Nuys, California for residential burglary and being under the influence of a controlled substance, police said.
The investigation started at the 600 block of 11th street.
Authorities said when they arrived on scene the homeowner told them he witnessed a man inside his garage, who he did not know.
When officers opened the garage, they found Shaun Weiss inside the homeowner’s vehicle. Officers said the vehicle had a shattered window that Weiss used to get into the vehicle.
Officers said Weiss showed symptoms of being under the influence of meth and said he did not live at that home. Weiss also admitted to officers that the car was not his.
Weiss was booked into the Yuba County Jail for being under the influence of methamphetamine, and residential burglary.
He is being held on $52,500 bail.
- Movie Star arrested in Marysville for residential burglary, police say
- Redding Residential Burglary Arrest
- Marysville Police Arrest Burglary Suspect
- Police arrest Marysville masseuse for soliciting prostitution
- Funnel cloud in Marysville
- Marysville Police arrest suspect in suspected child molestation case
- Marysville police arrest CVS robbery suspect in just a minute
- Marysville Police Investigating Officer-Involved Shooting
- Caltrans Job Fair in Marysville
- Officer Involved Shooting in Marysville